Tuesday, March 10, 2009

digital storytelling

I'm so excited about these tools we can use for videos and slide shows for our classes. My kids I see often have stumbling blocks for reading so getting language concepts across in the visual format is fantastic. Just today I was having a student work on his 'wh' words and I wished I had some more visuals to help him along. I think that at some point I should be able to use these tools to enrich this particular lesson. Other uses, we can do location/preposition words, plurals, tenses etc., etc.
Also I was playing around with 'voicethread' last night and I love it! It's much more along the lines of what I can use as a home program or follow up with families to allow home practice with both visual and audio content.
Here's my video attempt for 'location' words. I've been working with it for a while, can't figure out why it cuts off my images?? You get the idea though.
I really liked the concept of the students creating their own videos and cartoons. I missed the other cartooning web site from class--anyone recall??

No comments:

Post a Comment