Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Articles—I have not been a blogger, I had no idea how well we could use this technology in the classroom. I think the discussion about safety is critical to the school setting. For myself I have been wondering how using a class reader and blog would be helpful. My students are focusing on developing oral language skills. I read somewhere in among these articles that students can use audiologs as well, which is a spectacular idea for my speech kids, so I know they are practicing at home! I also appreciate the point about having an audience for writing which increases the ownership of a written piece by the student. I think publishing the student’s own ‘speech practice’ at home would really address the pervasive problem we have of carryover of skills out of the speech room.This is my blogging attempt, I used a speech therapy blog as this is most pertinent to my cases in school: http://members4.boardhost.com/speakingofspeec/msg/1233533437.html. My own blog is: http://mrsg-bsclass.blogspot.com/ . Hope fully these links get you there. I am having navigational challenges—I get the blogging, rss and ‘reader’ concepts but connecting the dots is not as simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment