Sunday, February 22, 2009

I think the video on Wikis was quite clear on how this device can be used in a group. For my classroom it could be helpful for assignments for each grade level to allow the students to interact, particularly with vocabulary assignments, brainstorming etc. We focus on expanding conceptualization of vocabulary. Wikis could also be fun as we often run out of time in school for fully exploring a topic such as generation of associations and categories--would be cool to see what the group comes up with as a whole.

I am absolutely stunned as to the expanse of the wiki's we've looked at for class! I didn't even know they existed, never mind being so overwhelming with information. I have been thinking about how a wiki could be used in my classroom--I still am not sure of the application as most of my kids are working on different goals. I think as a general concept for overall topics would work for vocabulary, writing etc as an additional source to main classroom curriculum. Still thinking on this. I certainly can see how professionally a wiki site would be fantastic. One of the drawbacks in my area is the isolation from other speech pathologists in the district. I think we would absolutely benefit from developing conversation and conventions across school sites.

Here is my wiki-a work in progress. I have the general set up but not the content yet. https://speaking-together.wikispaces.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment